10.23.2016

pumpkin carvin'

one of my favorite halloween traditions (besides dressing up and eating way too many hershey's miniatures) is carving pumpkins.  every year, my parents would take me and my brother to a pumpkin patch (which in north florida, was normally just an abandoned parking lot with some old man selling pumpkins.  but hey, it didn't matter to us).  my brother and i would come up with our spookiest designs, carve them together in the dining room, and display them on our front porch until halloween was over.  cory and i have followed this tradition each year (check out this post from 2014 when i had red hair [kinda miss it], and this post from 2013), but he's had an extremely busy work schedule this week, and i honestly didn't think we were going to have a chance to carve pumpkins this year.  clearly he could sense my disappointment... last wednesday when i came home from work, cory had two pumpkins ready to carve and a six pack ready to drink waiting for me when i got home!  this man sure knows the way to my heart!  check out our creations below:


the inside of pumpkins look so cool!


louie wasn't to sure about this whole pumpkin carving thing...

my creation: a spooky castle (excuse my expression... this pumpkin was HEAVY!)

 husband's creation: a scary face with spiky teeth




i used this recipe for honey roasted pumpkin seeds!  they are delicious!  i baked at 325 for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment